27 February 2012

This Means War


Two CIA agents, Tuck and Frank who are also best friends, have been benched because someone's after them. Tuck is divorced with a son whom he's not close to and Frank is a ladies man. Tuck decides to try and find someone so he places his profile on a dating website. Lauren, a woman also looking for a guy sees tuck's profile and goes with him. She later bumps into Frank and he hits on her and she goes out with him. she's intrigued by both of them. When they learn that they're dating the same girl, they agree to let her choose. But both can't help but use their skills to keep tabs on her and each other. And also sabotage each others dates with her.
(February 26, 2012)
Eversince I’ve seen the poster of this movie I’ve searched for its trailer and I loved it. I even posted a video here, I just don’t even remember when. All I know is I did post it. So anyway, yesterday (February 26, 2012), Pat and I watched it. I fell in love with Chris Pine over and over again. I like Tom Hardy because of his accent that’s it. But Chris Pine? I don’t know I just love him since his movie with Lindsay Lohan, which is Just My Luck, and Blind Dating. He is soo adorable. Enough with my fangirling with Chris, and talk about the movie now.
This Means War” is an interesting and quasi fresh romantic comedy. It’s about two CIA operatives who begin to date the same girl, and have a “gentlemen” agreement/competition to see who will she likes more. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy star as the two, fighting over Reese Witherspoon. The three of them are perfect,they make the movie entertaining. Especially Hardy, he is a real star in the making. The issue I have with the movie is the direction and the way it’s all put together. It’s kind of rushed in spots, and they have this side story with bad guys that doesn’t really flesh out, and could have been dropped altogether. Whenever the movie veers away from the love triangle, is when it is at it’s worst. Luckily it gets back on track, with some “meh”action scenes, and offers a good conclusion. Men and women will both like it, maybe will love it, it is entertaining and cute. I can say that this is a new genre, and I’m looking forward for more.
Love,
- D.✯

No comments:

Post a Comment